Wednesday, April 9, 2014

My Twin Pregnancy Journey - TRIMESTER 1

Hey guys!
So I know its been quite awhile since I last blogged. In my mind, I just knew once I got pregnant I would blog up a storm but things didn't quite go that way.  So I figured since Im about 2 weeks from my due date, I would chronicle a little of my pregnancy now.

TRIMESTER 1:  The first 6 weeks were great. I didn't have much of an appetite though.  After week 6......everything for me went downhill in terms of feeling good.  I was "lucky" enough to go thru all day nausea and sickness.  It was the worst. I figured I would get morning sickness a little ....after all...isn't that what you always hear about being pregnant ...but nothing really prepared me for how bad I felt.  I kept waiting for it to end...and it just kept coming at me.

I tried Zofran (a RX prescribed by my doctor) which helped but gave me bad migraines so I stopped using it. I also tried Diclegis but that didnt really work either so I just stopped altogether.  My all day sickness finally let up around 20 weeks so that was 14 LONGGGGG weeks of feeling awful and not really being able to keep much food down. Some days/nights I threw up 4-5 times.  Honestly, sometimes I would look forward to throwing up because that meant I would at least get a little break from the non stop nauseous feeling.  I ended up losing about 15 lbs during that time too. 

I also had to deal with awful non stop indigestion that kept me up at night. Tums (which normally work for me) didn't do anything to help it. I tried ginger tea and products but nothing really helped... some nights it would literally last for hours until I finally dosed off to sleep.

I felt so bad for my hubby because he wanted to help me so bad but there was nothing he could physically do. However, his emotional support was so great and I am so thankful for him. Every time I would get up in the middle of the night to throw up, he would get right up with me and pat my back. So sweet :)

During the first trimester we also found out we were pregnant with fraternal twins!


Here is a pic of me 12 weeks pregnant at the Black Girls Rock taping .....you can see I had a tiny little pooch which wasn't noticeable by most people but I could tell :)




So the highlights of Trimester 1 were:

* Finding out we were having fraternal twins
* Morning/All Day sickness
* Awful indigestion
* Frequent urination

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails