Wednesday, August 28, 2013

I LOVE Grasscloth!

I can't say enough about how much I love the look of grasscloth! It really adds richness to a room, don't you think? If you are unfamiliar about what it is exactly, its a textured wallpaper. You can often find it in real nice hotels.  I knew when I started working on my bedroom revamp, I would definitely incorporate it somewhere.  But when it was time to choose what to go with....it was sooo hard to figure out what to get. I wanted something to contrast my grey headboard but I didn't really want to be too matchy matchy. Also, ideally I wanted something that had a little shimmer in it. And of course, lastly I didnt want to spend an arm and a leg on it.

Well I didn't end up finding what I was envisioning in my head. After months of going back and forth with different options, I ended up going with a similar color in the room. I purchased it from Sherwin Williams with a discount code and ended up getting two double rolls for a total of about $180.

Here is my grasscloth (btw it looks much better in person):

Next up is hanging it. Im a little nervous based on some people online saying how difficult hanging grasscloth can be but being the DIYer I am... Im going to give it a shot and pray that it turns out good! Wish me luck! Stay tuned for how it goes :)  

Here are some other examples of grasscloth being used in diff areas of a home:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails